Sunday, 22 November 2009

Another day another course!

I have read through the Painting 1 course material, contacted my tutor, played with acrylics and set up my learning log. E-mails are rushing in from the library, as the books I've ordered are arriving from all over the area. Though there are a couple of them already sitting on my shelves as they were needed in other courses.

I have purchased two of the books. Drawing and Seeing, and the slim book about perspective. Me and perspective on cubes is not a match made in heaven. But then, I have during the drawing courses found I prefer curves to straight lines, so maybe there is something in that. I always think I can see more of the top of cubes than I actually can. It seems like a mental block, in that while I'm looking at it I am convinced more is visible than really is. What seems strange is that if it is a circular or oval object, then I get it right. But then again, I would rather be drawing people than objects, and I do not find foreshortening anywhere near as difficult to get my head round ... though it is not always easy to actually draw.

The things I enjoy drawing most are people, reptiles and amphibians ... a slightly odd combination, or a possible future in fantasy art by merging the subjects! I will just have to see where the future takes me.

That's got the log started. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment